I’ve rounded up my top 5 elegant holiday hairstyles that will take your curls from day to night this season. From cozy holiday vibes, to an elegant dinner party, there’s a look here for every occasion. Best of all, these styles are quick and easy to do on your own.
01. Low Pony Barrette
This simple look is always a stunner for long hair. It highlights the curls, while still tucking them back to accomplish all your holiday activities.
- First, with your hands only, tip your chin to your chest and loosely gather your hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck. Feel free to leave out any face framing curls for a softer look.
- Then, secure the low pony in place with a volume barrette.
Note that the beauty of this look is from not brushing out the curls. Instead, let the detail of the curls show all around the sides and top of the gathered hair.
- Finally, loosen some of the curls above the barrette for a more voluminous look.
02. Large Scrunchie + Low Pony
A gorgeous sheer scrunchie can make all the difference in transforming a simple look into an elegant beauty.
- First gather your hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck and secure with a coily ponytail holder that matches your hair color. This type of ponytail holder will help prevent creases on your hair.
- Lastly, adorn with a large sheer scrunchie to amplify the look.
03. Half-up + Barrette
This hairstyle takes your curls up a notch by lifting up your curls to create a beautiful cascade of curls.
- First, loosely separate the top half of your hair just about your ear. Be sure to conceal the part line by starting just above the ears on both sides, then slightly angling your section up towards the back.
- Next, secure with a volume barrette for medium to thick hair, or a smaller barrette, for thin or low density hair. Be sure to clip in some of the hair from the bottom section for a good, lasting hold.
- Finally, hold the barrette in place and gently tug the clipped down to tighten the hold.
- For the finishing details, you can lift some curls up around the crown for a chic and weightless look.
04. Loose Twist Up
This elegant updo is the by far most requested tutorial! It looks so much more complicated than it is, but only takes a few minutes to do.
- Begin gathering your hair in a low ponytail at the base of our neck, securing with just your hands.
- Next, twist the ponytail section around two times. This will help to keep the bottom of the twist in place.
- Then, tilt the ends of our hair up vertically and clip them to the rest of your hair with a volume barrette for medium density hair or an extra volume barrette for very thick or high density hair.
- Finally, with your fingers, gently rake the sides of your hair horizontally and back towards the twist. Feel free to tuck a few bobby pins into the twist for a stronger hold.
05. Cozy Cashmere Headband
This cozy look is a winter season favorite. I love this cashmere headband so much that I featured it in my Luxury Hair Accessory Gift Guide this year too.
To master the headband styling, you will need two sectioning hair clips and your headband of choice.
- Begin by styling your curls with your usual parting style. Then, on one side of your face, pull forward some face framing pieces. Clip the rest of your back with a sectioning clip. Repeat on the other side.
- Next, place your headband or headwrap just in front of the sections that you have clipped back. Once your headband is on, remove the sectioning clips. Voila!
Make these Elegant Holiday Hairstyles your own by adding accessories that highlight your personal style. Enjoy!
Questions? Leave them below! And if you enjoyed this, you may like this post too!
Leave a Reply